When you get into a truck accident due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek compensation by filing a claim. Unfortunately, getting compensation for your truck accident claims is not straightforward. The insurance company is experienced enough to know how to pay you as little compensation as possible.
Therefore, you will need the assistance of Sherman Oaks truck accident lawyers who can help you make a strong case against the at-fault party and get maximum compensation. But, the question is -are all lawyers good?
Unfortunately, not all the lawyers will work for your betterment. Some lawyers work to earn their commission without putting your needs first. So, when choosing a lawyer for your truck accident claim, you should interview them properly with all your questions.
Why should you interview a lawyer if you already know their details?
So, you may have come across a few lawyers through referrals or online. If you have seemed through their website, there are chances you already know a bit about them, their firm, experience, the field of practice, and more. So, should you still interview them for your case?
The answer to the question is -yes, you should! Your lawyer will determine the value of your compensation. If you choose the wrong lawyer, it will affect the outcome of your case. Therefore, no matter how much you have read about them online, you should still continue to interview them personally.
Interview questions to ask the lawyer.
During your first meeting with the lawyer, make sure you ask all the right questions. If possible, make a list of all the questions in a small note so you do not miss out on any crucial questions during your meeting. Below are some of the common questions to ask your lawyer:
- How long have you been practicing in truck accident claims?
- Which types of truck accident claims have you handled in the past?
- Can you handle larger settlement claims?
- What is the winning percentage of the cases you have handled previously?
- How will you charge me for my case?
- How will you pursue my claim?
- Have you handled cases similar to mine before? If yes, what was the outcome of such cases?
- Which communication method do you prefer for your clients?
- Can you provide me with your case studies and testimonials?
Depending on your preferences, you should ask questions you feel are right. You could also clear your personal doubts during the first meeting so that you do not have to worry about anything else later.